SEA & SEA MDX D850
Click Image for Gallery
U/W Housing for Nikon D850
MDX-D850 (Black) (Housing only)
- Much lighter than previous housings.Using unprecedented precision machining, the dimensions of the housing are similar to those of the camera. In addition, the revised internal design has also helped reduce weight. The MDX-D850 is approximately 11% (350g/12.3oz) lighter than the previous MDX-D810 housing.
Equipped with the Optical YS Converter/N1.
- Various controls can be operated whilst holding the grips.Frequently used Main and Sub-Command dials are now located directly on the right side of the housing. ISO, REC and other camera functions can be operated by external levers whilst holding the grips. With the AF lock function, you can fix the focus point as required.
- Optical YS Converter/N1 can be built into the housingOptical YS Converter/N1 can be built into the housingCompatible with Optical YS Converter/N1 for MDX housing which converts the camera’s hot-shoeTTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and manual strobe modes can be used and controlled from the housing using a Fiber-Optic Cable II.* Fiber-Optic Cable ll is required when using the Optical YS Converter.*Serial numbers 124000274 and above are compatible with the Nikon D850. Serial numbers below 124000274 are not compatible. New firmware and/or conversion of the converter will be required.
Manual mode shown by green light. (simulated image)
TTL mode shown by blue light. (simulated image)
- All the dials have a spring (damper) to prevent slip of the controlsAll the dials have a spring (damper) to prevent slip of the controls even if the dimensions of the cameras are slightly different or even if gears or other parts wear out to some extent.
Structure of the sub-command dial.
MDX-D850 Other Features
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.8x can be used.*When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on the MDX-D850 housing, the lower part of the camera's viewfinder (where the shooting data is displayed) cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).Accessory port enables use of Leak Sentinel (vacuum sensor).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
[Construction] Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
[Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
[Dimensions (WxHxD)] 346 x 202 x 140 mm / 13.6 x 8.0 x 5.5 inches
[Weight] Approx. 2,850g / 101oz (Housing only)
Brochure & Manual Download