SEA & SEA MDX-α7IV(Black)（Housing Only）
Click Image for Gallery
- Equipped with Grip plus,SA8 Fixed Ball Bases・Equipped with new silicone handle inserts for firm and steady grip as standard. Silicone compound material implanted in the grip providing firm hold.・SA8 Fixed Ball Bases now comes standard with MDX-L series housings
- For better noticeability, controls is partially colored with yellow.
- Compatible with the Sea&Sea, “Manual Flash Trigger/S” (optional).
- The camera can be mounted in the housing with its LCD monitor extended from the camera to reduce the distance between the rear window and monitor to increase visibility.
- Compatible with Optical YS Converter S1Compatible with SEA&SEA “Optical YS Converter S1” which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the SEA&SEA YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals, but also performs TTL auto light control.* Sony original adapter “ADP-MAA” is required separately for connecting camera and optical YS converter.
- Leak Alarm Unit as standard equipmentThe Leak Alarm Unit, which was previously available as an option, is now included as standard equipment.
It is effective not only for early detection of underwater flooding accidents, but also for protection of equipment by checking its waterproof performance before entry.
CR2032 lithium battery included.
- Buoyancy PocketWith Buoyancy Pocket *1, underwater weight has lessened by 240g/8.5oz *2. The pocket can be used as space for extra battery pack *3.
+1 Dimensions: 100x63x24mm/3.9x2.5x0.9 inches.+2 Compared with the MDX-5D Mark lV, 240g/8.5oz lighter under the following condition:MDX-α7lV + SEL90M28 + Focus Gear + DX Macro Port 87 (underwater weight: 700g/24.7oz).+3 SEA&SEA will not take any responsibility for accident caused by use of extra battery or any other accessory stored in the Buoyancy pocket.
- Compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports.The camera can be removed from the housing easily even if a lens with large diameter such as the SEL1635GM is mounted on the camera without removing port from the housing enabling you to replace battery and lens with ease.
MDX-α7IV Other Features
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used.※Some vignetting occurs.When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the uper part of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scrach.
[Construction] Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
[Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
[Dimensions (WxHxD)] 330 x 189 x 131 mm / 13.0 x 7.4 x 5.2 inches
[Weight] Approx. 2,800g / 98.8oz (Housing only)